Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cheat Night-Peach & Gorgonzola Chicken Pizza

I love to cook...well obviously since I have a food and wine blog, right? However, sometimes I need cheat nights too. And by cheat nights I am not talking about those nights where you load up on so many calories that you waddle away from the dinner table. Even though those nights are fun too. I am talking about those cheat nights where you want a home cooked meal, but you don't want to be in the kitchen until 2300 (11pm). And tonight was one of those days. I had a long week at work...let me sound spoiled for a second...I had to work 5 days this week. I know that many of you are laughing, however let me clarify and say that normally I work 4 10 hour or 12 hour days so working 5 days was big for me. Yes, I am going to continue to complain...give me a second...and I went to the gym after work...and I wanted home cooked food. Ok I think I am done.




On a side not I do have to say that is one of the few things that I miss about being a relationship. It was so nice to have someone cook you dinner after a long day. There is seriously nothing that I like more than being greeted at the front door with a glass of wine, a sports game on the tv and the smell of cooking coming from the kitchen. Yes, that actually was a reality I use to know. I know ladies you are all wondering why I got a divorce, but seriously that story is just too long for this blog.

Anyway I digress so I found this Cooking Light recipe for Peach and Gorgonzola Chicken Pizza. It sounded different enough to keep me entertained and easy enough that I could make it in 20 minutes and sit down with a glass of wine and my feet up for the rest of the night.

So cheat #1-I could use pre-made pizza crust. Love it! If you haven't tried the Boboli thin crust it is actually really good. I like it a lot better than their normal crust.


Brush olive oil on the crust and layer with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cheat #2-I used mozzarella that was already shredded. Yes, I told you this was my lazy night.

Cheat #3-Rotisserie chicken-add a layer of shredded chicken. I don't know if you are a homemade chicken snob or not but I for one love rotisserie chicken...one of the best dang inventions ever and it is a great short cut.


Add a layer of Gorgonzola, sliced peaches, which are in season so that is a good thing. And finish the pizza with another layer of mozzarella.


Bake for 11 minutes and voila.

Cheat #4-Balsamic vinegar-the recipe has you make a balsamic reduction sauce, however I love the balsamic from We Olive so I just used 2T of that and called it good.


  • 1 (10-ounce) prebaked thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil $
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast $
  • 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
  • 1 medium unpeeled peach, thinly sliced
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • Preparation

  • 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
  • 2. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil evenly over crust. Top evenly with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, Gorgonzola cheese, and peach slices. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 11 minutes or until crust browns.
  • 3. Place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 5 minutes). Drizzle balsamic reduction evenly over pizza. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.

  • I actually really liked this recipe. I loved the flavor that the Gorgonzola and the balsamic vinegar. The pizza crust was light and just not too doughy. The chicken had a nice roasted flavor and the peaches added a hint of sweetness, that really complimented the Gorgonzola and balsamic well. And after a nice meal I am now sitting on the couch with a nice glass of wine enjoying the warm Summer evening. Cheers my friends!
  •  

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews