Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Coconut is really hard to photograph...Coconut Macaroons

So after my run tonight I decided I wanted to bake instead of making dinner. Yes, I know that is random, but that is just who I am. So I pulled out my Southern Living cookbook...don't ask me why I have a Southern Living cookbook since I don't live in the South...probably because I am a little cookbook obsessed. Anyway I digress, I pulled out my cookbook and started to look for a cookie recipe...one that did not require a trip to the grocery store. Sure I can run 3 miles, but after that it is pure laziness haha.



First I came across this recipe, but it reminded me of a visit to the gynecologist so I moved on.


Next I came across a recipe for Coconut Macaroons and since it only had 6 ingredients and they were all ingredients that I had in my kitchen I decided it was a win/win.

Talk about the easiest cookie recipe on this planet...yes I said this planet...because seeing as I have not been to other planets I don't want to make any assumptions. This is really as easy as they come!! Seriously the hardest part is separating the egg yolk from the egg white. And just a side note if you have a hard time with that, Pampered Chef has the best egg separator. I don't personally use it because I love to get my hands dirty, but just my tip for the day.

The other part of this recipe that was a bit of a challenge was trying to photograph coconut. Have you ever tried to take a picture of coconut? It looks like rice! So I had a bit of a struggle taking the pics for this blog...well because it kind of looks like white rice and risotto rather than coconut and macaroons. So I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos, just know the taste of the cookies make up for the pics.


Ok let me tell you how to make these cookies...

Mix together coconut (1 1/3 cups), sugar (1/3 cup), egg whites (2), flour (2T), vanilla (1/2tsp) and salt (1/8tsp).


Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Cook on a wire rack.

Instant Cookie!!

The only problem with this recipe is the fact that it only makes a dozen cookies. So if I had more of the coconut and eggs I would have definitely doubled the recipe, but seeing as I was scraping the bottom of the kitchen ingredient barrel...well I made a dozen....which I wanted to eat all in one sitting. But alas I recognized that would have defeated the purpose of my 3 mile run so I pulled back on the willpower reins. And seriously as a side note these cookies are pretty low in calories...yeah me!

And they smell amazing while they bake...ya know that toasted coconut and sugar smell. Heaven!!

1 comment:

  1. I love these cookies!! They are the perfect combination of chewy and crispy!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews