Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, August 11, 2013

Q&A With Me

So I often read cooking magazines...big surprise, right?  And there is usually a section where readers can write in and ask questions. I decided to do my own version of that...some of the questions I have been asked over the years by my readers and some of the questions I just made up because I can. So here are my top ten questions and my very honest answers. Enjoy!

My attempt at taking my own photo


Q: What is your favorite wine?



A: My favorite wine of the moment is Opolo Petite Sirah, it is a robust red that is very smooth. It is fruit forward without being sweet and it is slightly dry, but it doesn't make your mouth pucker. It is a great sipping wine, but it also pairs well with food. http://www.opolo.com/
My favorite wine changes quickly so if you ask me this same question tomorrow the answer may be different. Drink what you love and you will be happy. Cheers! 

Q: What do you wear in the kitchen?



A: Nothing. I prefer to cook nude. Joking. Although I love to buy aprons and I think they are the cutest thing ever they never seem to make it on me. So normally in the kitchen I wear sweats or pj's or whatever I throw on when I get home from work/gym and after my shower. Yes, of course I shower before I cook otherwise that would be gross.

Q: What is the biggest cooking tip you learned from your Mom?




A: Anything goes! She doesn't measure and she does everything by feel. She definitely taught me not to be afraid of the kitchen and that there is no such thing as a kitchen mistake...well as long as I keep all ten fingers. If I lost a finger I think even she would think that would be an oopsie. 

Q: What is your favorite dessert?






A: Once in awhile I crave dessert but in general I am not a huge dessert fan. My vices are more of the wine, cheese and bread variety. That is what really excites me!

Q: What is your favorite food?


A: Chicago pizza was definitely one of my adult food memory favorites. However, I truly make food memories at least once a week so that is a hard question. But if you are in Chicago I definitely recommend Giordano's or they ship pizza too, but I haven't tried that yet.  http://giordanos.com/ I guess I don't really have a favorite food. It is kind of like wine it changes constantly. I am pretty food fickle. 

Q: Do you have any kids or pets?

This is what she looks like with a lion cut...she hated me after this haircut
A: I have a Persian cat named Miss Kitty and she is the love of my life. 

Q: What was the one thing that you learned from culinary school?



A: That I really did not enjoy killing a live lobster. Sticking a knife into it while it was still moving was REALLY difficult for me. Ok all joking aside I learned how to hold a knife. It truly is the little things. I learned that you need to choke up on the handle so you have more control of the blade. You want your finger on the blade, not the sharp part, but the top of it to help you control it. 

Q: When did you know cooking was something you had a passion for and wanted to pursue?



A: At a VERY young age! No, I am joking. My passion for cooking has definitely grown over time. As a kid I enjoyed baking cookies and cooking once in awhile, but it wasn't a passion per se. I did enjoy trying new recipes as a kid, but it was more of a hobby. Through high school, college and my early 20's I cooked very little. I really started cooking more after I bought my first house. I had a super cute retro 1940's kitchen in my cute little bungalow and I loved just being in that room of the house. I started my blog because my husband worked nights and it was a fun creative outlet for me. I would come home from work, cook and write because I was lonely. And my passion has grown from there. What started as something I did for fun once in awhile has grown to become an obsession, hence my constant discussion about food, culinary school, love of writing about food/wine, travel and exploration of new cuisines. And I have found through the last few years, which have been ripe with change, food and wine has really kept me going and been what has motivated me. Cheers!

Q: If you could invite anyone to share supper with you, who would it be and what would you fix?



A: Helen Aronoff-she was like a 2nd Grandma to me and she was the person who taught my Mom how to cook. She was an amazing Italian chef and she always use to cook for me as a kid. I would love the opportunity to sit down with her, have a nice glass of wine and let her talk me through how to make a really nice marinara sauce, a fresh pizza and a good cannoli .  She passed before I really developed my love of cooking, but she is definitely my kitchen angel. 

Q: What is your favorite type of food to cook?

A: I really don't have a favorite. Kind of like I don't have a favorite restaurant. For me food is all about the experience. I love to experiment in the kitchen, just like I love to try new places when I go out to eat. Food is about the adventure!


0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews