Powered by Blogger.
Monday, August 26, 2013

Grey Cookies? Macadamia Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies

So I made Macadamia Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies, all things that I enjoy, so I figured how could I go wrong by placing them together, right? Well the taste is awesome, the macadamia nuts are creamy, nutty and slightly salty, the raspberry is tart and tangy and the white chocolate is sweet and smooth. So taste is great, but um color....yeah not so much!!



When I first found the recipe the photo displayed looked like this:



And when I went back to look at the recipe again after seeing the color of my cookies, I found a second picture behind the first that looks like this:

And well there are my cookies that look more like the second and maybe even a little worse:


So this is just my opinion, but I don't think the first picture attached to this recipe was made using this recipe...because the minute you mix the flour into the raspberry mixture your cookies go from a pinkish purple color to grey, and I am not talking sexy 50 Shades of Grey. I am talking hmmm cookies are not supposed to be this color grey.

Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a try yourself and please let me know if you achieve different results: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/macadamia-raspberry-white-chocolate-cookies/

I do have to say this recipe is as easy as cookie recipes come. You do mix everything in one mixing bowl, stir in the nuts and white chocolate chips, bake and voila.

First cream the butter and the sugar. Easy enough and still a normal cookie color.

Add the egg, looking good!! Next add the raspberry jam and vanilla. Interesting now I have purple cookies, different but still somewhat appetizing.


Add in the flour and you get....concrete!!! I don't think anyone ever said,"oh look wet concrete, I wish I could eat that."

Fold in the nuts and white chocolate chips....cookies are still grey.


Take them out of the oven...yes still grey!!

Now because I love random facts, did you know that grey and gray are variations of the same word, referring to the same color? Gray is more commonly used in American English and Grey is used everywhere else in the world. Happy Monday!! And if you want some grey cookies, please let me know I have a ton.

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews