Powered by Blogger.
Friday, February 14, 2014

Detox Day #14-The Halfway Point & Happy Valentine's Day

Today is a day for celebration...oh seriously y'all know how I feel about Valentine's Day...we are not celebrating that holiday...we are celebrating the fact that I am halfway through my detox. Woot woot!! This is a big landmark and for all of you that are on this journey with me, congratulations! We can do this!



So I can definitely tell that it is the weekend as I have no food in the house. It is definitely time to go food shopping, which is on my "to do" list for tomorrow. So my meals today consisted of leftover hummus and black bean chips for breakfast, yes very traditional breakfast food (read with sarcasm). And for lunch I had brown rice, beans, salsa and half of an avocado.

However, for dinner I knew I was spending a romantic evening (read with sarcasm again) with my BFF. We decided, since I was on a detox and it was impossible to get dinner reservations, to have dinner in. And once we started talking about our menu, I was actually pretty thrilled by our Valentine's Dinner. We decided to make steak, shrimp scampi, asparagus and mushrooms...oh yum!! It was actually very easy to stay true to my diet restrictions, as we just cooked with oil instead of butter and stayed away from any sauces, red wine and dessert. Sure I missed some dark chocolate and a deep Cabernet, but I could live without both of them, well for now anyway. They are definitely on my "must have" list come March 1st...just sayin'.

My bestie is amazing at making steak in the toaster oven and that is exactly what she did. She added some seasoning to the rib eyes and put them in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes. And they came out perfect.


The asparagus and mushrooms were cooked in olive oil with some salt, doesn't get much easier!!


As for the shrimp, I sauteed some garlic in olive oil, added the shrimp and cooked them for approximately 5-7 minutes, added a little salt and called it good. They were perfect and since I didn't have to worry about kissing, I added extra garlic. Love!

Our dinner was wonderful and fulfilled my cravings for a true steakhouse style meal. And it was so easy. Tonights dinner was definitely a valuable cooking lesson for me, not everything that tastes good has to be complicated.

Love a romantic butcher haha


Btw, thank you to my bestie for giving me a Valentine's card and basket...you are the cutest! And for those of you who love or believe in Valentine's Day-Happy Valentine's Day! Cheers!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews