Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, February 8, 2014

Detox Day #8 (Free Day)-Beer & BBQ (Johnny Reb's)

So in this detox we were given one free day for the month with the idea that we would want to use it on Super Bowl Sunday or Valentines. Well seeing as I just got back from Vegas the day before Super Bowl Sunday, I had already had my fill of food and cocktails. And well seeing as I hate Valentine's Day...yeah well I was not going to waste a free day on that. On a side note, don't worry I am not one of those cynical, single, man hating women who bah humbugs Valentines because they don't have one. I just find it to be very commercial and I feel like if we have to create a holiday to guilt trip our men into giving us flowers, chocolate and jewelry...well red flag...he is not the man for me.


My Girls...Celebrating our 4k PRs





However, my free day coupon was used at a beer run...yes, I said a beer run. I got up early this morning to go to boot camp and then I packed my car full of friends so we could head to the OC (Orange County) and do the Tap n Run. The Tap n Run is a 4k complete with beer stations...group toast at the start, two beer stations on the course and a beer garden celebration at the end. The medal is even a beer opener...doesn't get better than that...well actually it does we all wore matching beer socks and tank tops...yup bringing sexy back!!



I can't even tell you how excited I was to have a free day. Ahhh the taste of ice cold beer was heaven to my taste buds. And after the run we were starving so we went to a well known bbq place-Johnny Reb's. Johnny Reb's has several locations in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and it has been recognized as being one of the top 5 bbq places in both areas. It specializes in Southern style food and good 'ol home cooking. It was like stepping into the South, complete with peanuts on the floor, rough wood walls and even though they weren't playing banjo music, I swear I could hear it.




We sat on the open air, screened in porch which was heaven. We knew we were in for some good 'ol Southern bbq and it was a beautiful thing.



The food was great and was definitely pure comfort food. I had never had fried pickles so that was a must and OMG they were awesome! Loved them! Dipped in ranch dressing. LOVE!!


For lunch/dinner, I had tri-ip with sweet potato fries, collard greens and a biscuit. Everything was great, but the biscuit was perfect-light, fluffy, buttery and everything I haven't eaten in the last week.

This is definitely an excited eating face-mac n cheese, ribs, pulled pork and cornbread!
And yes, we wore our medals and beer outfits inside the restaurant...don't judge.

Ribs with Mac n Cheese and Coleslaw
French fries, Mac n Cheese, Fried Chicken, Biscuit and Something Else



Can't believe I am admitting this, but I had to read this a few times to figure out this was an emergency exit. Oopsie. 

Now I can't even believe I am going to admit this, but I felt better on my detox days. I had an amazing day, enjoyed every second of my day with good friends, good food and beer, but I look forward to the next 20 days of detox. I love how pure my body feels, how full of energy, healthy and clear I am. So I am thankful for my free day so I could enjoy all that the day had to offer, but put a fork in me I am done...going back to my detox...Cheers!

0 comments:

Visit My Website!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews